The CP2102N (USB to UART) Driver Installation Instructions
From Terasic Wiki
This guide will show you how to install the Virtual COM Port (VCP) Drivers for the Silicon lab's USB to UART chip(CP2102N).
- Download the driver
- Download and Install the Latest Virtual COM Port (VCP) Drivers.
- The Virtual COM Port (VCP) drivers enable the CP2102N to appear as a standard COM port. Download the latest version of drivers
- from the Silicon Labs website: https://www.silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers
- Establish the USB connection
- Using USB cable to connect your CP2102 chip board to host PC.
- Detect Your Device
- IF your host had never installed the driver for the The CP2102N device, the Device Manager of your host will appear a "CP2102N USB to UART Bridge Controller" device.
- Setup the serial terminal program