DE10-Advance Demonstration Manual revC
From Terasic Wiki
Chapter 1 Introduction
This Manual will introduce the various application demonstrations on DE10-Advance. These demonstrations cover most of the interfaces on DE10-advance. Let users familiarize using these interfaces of the DE10-Advance development board. Demonstration according to FPGA and HPS Fabrics are divided into three categories:
- Pure use of FPGA fabric resources (Chapter 2)
- Pure use of HPS fabric resources (Chapter 3)
- Use both FPGA and HPS fabric resources (Chapter 4)
In addition, the PCIe example of de10-advncorolla will be described separately in one chapter(Chapter 5) because of its high content.
Finally, to complete the following demonstration, user needs to install the following software in the computer:
- Intel Quartus® Prime Design Software Version 18.0 or later.
- Intel SoC Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Note : Due to the limitations of the IP version, the Displayport and web socket demo needs to be used with Quartus 17.0.
Chapter 2 Examples For FPGA
This chapter provides examples of advanced designs implemented by RTL or Qsys on the DE10-Advance board. These reference designs cover the features of peripherals connected to the FPGA, such as DDR4, PCIe, HDMI and USB Controller. All the associated files can be found in the directory \Demonstrations\FPGA of DE10-Advance System CD.
- 2.1 Factory Default Code
- 2.2 Basic Nios II control demo for Programmable PLL/Temperature/Power Monistor/9-axis sensor
- 2.3 Nios DDR4 SDRAM Test
- 2.4 RTL DDR4 SDRAM Test
- 2.5 USB Type-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode
- 2.6 Type-C FX3 Loopback
- 2.7 HDMI TX and RX in 4K Resolution
- 2.8 HDMI TX in 4K Resolution
- 2.9 Low Latency Ethernet 10G MAC Demo
- 2.10 Socket Server
- 2.11 Auto Fan Speed Control
Chapter 3 Examples for HPS SoC
This chapter provides several C-code examples based on the Intel SoC Linux built by Yocto project. These examples demonstrate major features connected to HPS interface on DE10-Advanced board such as users LED/KEY, Network Communication. All the associated files can be found in the directory Demonstrations/SOC of the DE10_Advanced System CD. Please refer to Chapter 5 "Running Linux on the DE10-Advanced board" from the DE10-Advanced Getting Start Guide revC.
To install the demonstrations on the host computer: Copy the directory Demonstrations into a local directory of your choice. Intel SoC EDS v18.0 is required for users to compile the c-code project.
Chapter 4 Examples for using both HPS SoC and FGPA
This Chapter demonstrates how to use the HPS/ARM to communicate with FPGA. We will introduce the GHRD project for DE10-Advanced development board. And we develop one ARM C Project which demonstrates how HPS/ARM program controls the two LEDs connected to FPGA. We will show how HPS controls the FPGA LED through Lightweight HPS-to-FPGA Bridge. The FPGA is configured by HPS through FPGA manager in HPS.
- 4.1 Required Background
- 4.2 System Requirements
- 4.3 AXI bridges in Intel SoC FPGA
- 4.4 GHRD Project
- 4.5 Compile and Programming
- 4.6 Develop the C Code
Chapter 5 PCI Express Reference Design
Chapter 6 Linux BSP
- 6.1 Introduction
- 6.2 Use Linux BSP
- 6.3 Linux LXDE VNC Desktop BSP
- 6.4 Linux LXDE HDMI Desktop BSP
- 6.5 VNC Desktop OpenCL BSP